This is a RoHS compliant I2C Serial LCD Daughter board that can be connected to a standard HD44780 compatible 16×2 , 20×4 or 20×2 Character Display Module that supports 4 bit mode. All Character Modules sold on our site support 4 bit mode, and nearly all commercially available 16×2 and 20×4 line character modules support it too.
This board has a PCF8574 I2C chip that converts I2C serial data to parallell data for the LCD display.
There are many examples on internet for using this board with Arduino. Do a search for "Arduino LCD PCF8574". The I2C address is 0x3F by default, but this can be changed via 3 solder jumpers provided on the board. This allows up to 3 LCD displays to be controlled via a single I2C bus (giving each one it's own address).
- 5V power supply
- Serial I2C control of LCD display using PCF8574
- Backlight can be enabled or disabled via a jumper on the board
- Contrast control via a potentiometer
- Can have 8 modules on a single I2C bus (change address via solder jumpers)address, allowing
- Sizeï¼š41.6mm x 19.2mm
Using with Arduino:
There are many Arduino libraries for a I2C display with the PCF8574 chip. We tested the library from Francisco Malpartida, and it works without any problems. For info see this page. We also made this library available on our site located here. To test this board with a LCD, do the following:
- Download the Arduino library located (Click Here)
- Unpack and copy it to the "libraries" folder of your Arduino installation
- Connect the VCC and GND pins of this board to the 5V and GND pins of your Arduino
- Connect the SDA and SCL pins of this board to the SDA and SCL pins of your Arduino
- Copy and run the example program (Click Here). We tested it on an Uno