Infrared Obstacle Sensor Module has builtin IR transmitter and IR receiver that sends out IR energy and looks for reflected IR energy to detect presence of any obstacle in front of the sensor module. The module has on board potentiometer that lets user adjust detection range. The sensor has very good and stable response even in ambient light or in complete darkness.
The Obstacle Avoidance Sensors usually come in two types – with 3 and 4 pins. The 3 pin version does not have the ability to be enabled/disabled. The 4 pin version has optional Enable pin. Here I am describing the 4 pin version that I have. The information should also be relevant to other versions of the sensor.
- Working voltage: DC 3.3V-5V
- Working current: 20mA
- Working temperature: -10degree+50degree
- Detection distance : 2-40cm
- IO interface: 4 line (-/+/S/EN)
- Output signal: TTL Level
- Adjusting mode: Multi resistance regulation
- Effective angle: 35°
- Size: 4.5 x 1.8 cm (approx)
- Object is sensed output 0, output 1 is not sensitive to the time, directly with 3V and 5V microcontroller IO port connected.
- Sensing distance 2-40 cm, distance, good anti-jamming capability. (Note: The infrared sensor can not detect all objects get the same distance, objects of different colors of light reflectance of different objects closer darker black shorter distance detected, the sensor 2-40 cm is measured against the white wall of)
- Speed, suitable for smart car obstacle avoidance, black and white line tracking, anti-drop, product counters, cutting lines, liquid level detection.
- The sensor 3 to 6V supply, wide range, suitable for 3V and 5V MCU system.
- With Enable, EN terminal is equal to “1” when the sensor does not work, equal to “0” when working. Jump on the sensor end cap long after the EN grounding plug (EN long as “0”). To use the EN pin when the jumper cap is removed.
- Frequency adjustment potentiometer is used to adjust the carrier frequency of the infrared emission tube, because the integration receiver 38KHZ in particular when the carrier frequency is the most sensitive. The 502 resistor clockwise transferred do (that is, the launch tube at maximum brightness), and then at a white wall tone 103 resistance, has been transferred to the sensing distance is the farthest so far so that the sensor will work in the best state