DESCRIPTION ALPHA RF-800 provides the broadest process window for a no-clean flux with less than 5% solids content. ALPHA RF-800 is designed to provide excellent soldering results (low defects rates), even when the surfaces to be soldered (component leads and pads) are not highly solderable. ALPHA RF-800 works particularly well with bare copper boards protected with organic or rosin/resin coatings and with tin-lead coated PCB’s. ALPHA RF-800 is used successfully in both tin-lead and lead-free applications. ALPHA RF-800 is a very active, low solid, no-clean flux. It is formulated with a proprietary activator system. A small percentage of rosin is added for enhanced thermal stability. The activators are designed to provide the broadest operating window for a low solid, no-clean flux, while maintaining a high level of long-term electrical reliability. After wave soldering, ALPHA RF-800 leaves a low level of non-tacky residue, which is easily penetrable in pin testing.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Highly active for excellent soldering and low defect rates.
- Low level of non-tacky residue to reduce interference with pin testing.
- Cleaning is not required which reduces operating costs.
- Reduces the surface tension between solder mask & solder to significantly reduce solder ball frequency.
- Meets Bellcore requirements for long-term electrical reliability