EM882S is a replacement for DM882S & M880A Drivers
Original Leadshine Products
The EM882S is a new digital stepper drive based on Leadshine’s widely implemented DM stepper drives (10 millions of units in field). While retaining features of simple design, easy setup, high precision and reliability, Leadshine has also upgraded it by adopting the latest stepper control technology and added additional advanced features for better torque (10-25%), quicker response time, control command smoothing, alarm and brake output, etc.
The EM882S is able to power 2 phase and 4 phase stepper motors smoothly with very low motor heating & noise. It can take 20-80VDC supply voltage and output 0.5 to 8.2A current. Its control type (step & direction or CW/CCW) and command smooth filtering can also be configured via Leadshine ProTuner. Therefore, the EM882S is an ideal choice for many applications requiring simple step & direction or CW/CCW control of NEMA 23, 24 and 34 stepper motors.
- Step & direction (PUL/DIR) or CW/CCW (double pulse) control
- 20-80VDC supply voltage
- 200 KHz max pulse input frequency
- Microstep resolutions programmable, from 200 to 51,200
- Output current programmable, from 0.5A to 8.2A
- Configurable control command smoothing for motor vibration
- Automatic idle current reduction to 50%
- Automatic self-configuration to match NEMA 23, 24 and 34 stepper motors
- Anti-Resonance for optimal torque, extra smooth motion, low motor heating and noise
- Soft-start with no “jump” when powered on
- Optically isolated inputs
- Fault Output Control
- Over-voltage, over-current and sensorless detection position protections
- CE certified and RoHS compliant
Applications The EM882S stepper drive are designed to power 2 phase (1.8°) or 4-phase (0.9°) NEMA 23, 24, 34, and 42 hybrid stepper motors. It can be easily adopted in many industries (CNC, medical, automation, packaging…), such as X-Y tables, engraving machines, labeling machines, mills, plasma, laser cutters, pick and place devices, and so on. Its excellent performance, simple design, and easy setup make it ideal for many step & direction control type applications.