The cyber:bot robot adds a real-world hands-on hardware dimension to Python-focused computer science, CTE, and cybersecurity programs. The cyber:bot was created as a joint effort between Parallax and Cyber.org, funded through the Department of Homeland Security. The product line ecosystem has grown to become Parallax’s top educational robot.
cyber:bot Robot Kit Overview:
The cyber:bot robot puts the BBC micro:bit module (may include v 1.5 or v2, both are compatible) on the Parallax small robot! The cyber:bot robot adds a tangible hardware dimension to Python-focused computer science, CTE and cybersecurity programs. This form factor is a proven STEM success in classrooms from middle school into college, leveraging the add-ons available for this chassis. A pre-programmed onboard Propeller Multicore Microcontroller assists the micro:bit, handling the real-time servo motor control and sensors built on the breadboard. This enables more robust robotic applications that go beyond what the micro:bit can do on its own.
- Python-programmable with Mu software or online MicroPython editor
- cyber:bot board neatly connects the micro:bit to the Propeller Multicore Microcontroller and robot hardware
- Propeller multicore microcontroller pre-programmed with cyber:bot firmware manages sensors and servo motor control
- Build DIY sensor circuits on the breadboard that use touch, visible light, and infrared light
- Free online Robotics and Cybersecurity tutorials see the cyber:bot Tutorial Series page
- Free micro:bit robotics curriculum resources for educators
- RoHS CE and UKCA Declarations of Conformity for this kit are available under the Downloads tab.
Requires 5 AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries or 5 1.2 V nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries, not included. Assembly required, no soldering necessary.
cyber:bot Robot Kit – with micro:bit Kit Contents:
- (1) micro:bit module
- (1) cyber:bot board
- (2) Parallax Continuous Rotation Servos
- (1) Small Robot Chassis
- (2) Small Robot Wheel and Tire
- (1) Small Robot Electronics Pack
- (1) Small Robot Hardware Pack
- (1) 5AA Battery Holder, Barrel Jack
- (1) USB A to Micro B Cable
- (1) Extra Hardware for cyber:bot board
- Parallax Pocket Screwdriver