The CAN Shield as using MCP2515 CAN controller, TJA1050 CAN transceiver as (similar to 485 in the MAX485 transceiver chip), and provide detailed information and reference library platform, can be installed directly on for Arduino platform CAN communication between the plates, for those who want self-CAN bus students or engineers, is a good choice.
It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with the MCP2551 CAN transceiver. CAN connection is via a standard 9-way sub-D for use with OBD-II cable. Ideal for automative CAN application.
Note: A DB9 Cable is not included with this shield. Please be sure to check Recommended Products section below for a recommended cable to use with this board.
- Fully supports CAN2.0 protocol specification, the maximum transfer rate of 1Mb / s 2 an indicator LED
- 2 user buttons
- Power, receive, send, interrupt indication LED
- Standard SUB-D connector
- External expansion UART and IIC interface
- High-speed SPI interface speeds up to 10MHz
- Operating voltage: 4.8V – 5.2V
- Working current: about 30 mA
- Size: 65 × 53mm